This course is part of the popular and ever expanding range of entry level training and qualifications for specific roles within the security industry and is designed to assist companies in the provision of basic job training, and conflict management training that meets the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA) for licensing of those acting as CCTV Operatives.
The course is appropriate to new entrants to the industry people transferring from other security functions, and as existing CCTV operatives who need a qualification in order to apply for an SIA license
Unit 1 CCTV Control Room Operation- Principles
– Introduction, Roles and Responsibilities
– CCTV Codes of Practice and Guidelines
– Dealing with Incidents
– CCTV Equipment and its Operations
– CCTV Surveillance Techniques
– Control Room Communication
– Fire and Emergency Procedures
– Customer Care, Equality and Diversity
– Health and Safety at Work
– Control Room Access Control
Unit 2 CCTV Control Room Operation- Practices
– Operating CCTV Equipment Use of CCTV control room communication equipment
– Implementing CCTV surveillance techniques
– Identify the legislation and legal framework
– Information storage
Successful candidates will achieve the BIIAB Level 2 National Certificate for CCTV Operators (Public Space Surveillance) Award.
This course is appropriate for new entrants into the security industry transferees from other security functions and existing CCTV operators who need a qualification in order to apply for a SIA licence.
Group discounts may be arranged. Funding options may also be available, subject to status.
Helped me to understand the CCTV role, great course Kevin G. – retraining for a new career